When Fishing the River Severn ALL VEHICLES MUST display a WDAA Parking Permit.
You can simply put a note in your windscreen stating you are a WDAA Angler.
Or you can purchase a WDAA Logo vinyl windscreen sticker for £1 +P&P,
click on image of the sticker below to purchase.
All WDAA members who wish to visit the River Severn can now just turn up and fish, there is no need to book on.
All anglers MUST make themselves familiar with the SAC rules below and strictly adhere to them. All members, bailiffs and officials of Shrewsbury Anglers Club have the right to inspect your WDAA Permit.
WDAA Permit holders can fish these River Severn Stretches but you must observe the Shrewsbury Anglers rules below.
SHREWSBURY ANGLERS (River Severn) CLUB RULES
For all Members and Joining Members to be aware and anyone wishing to join to be familiar with Our Club's rules below. The waters are currently in agreement and association to fish with St.Helens Ramblers Association. While Prince Albert Angling Society have Salmon rights upon the Preston Boats stretch.
CLUB RULES :
1. The close season as fixed by Law applies via March 15th to June 16 inclusive. Anyone found fishing during the closed season WILL be reported to the Environmental Agency.
2. All Members must carry a valid Environmental Agency National Rod Licence when fishing or preparing to fish the Club Waters. Anyone NOT in possession of a valid permit WILL be asked to leave the waters AND maybe reported to EA and even the Police.
3. Anyone fishing the Club Waters must carry their WDAA Permit with them, Anyone NOT in possession of a Permit. WILL be asked to leave the water AND maybe reported to Police for further action taken and by the Club Committee.
4. Night fishing is allowed however the use of Bivvies is not permitted. Also, respect given to local people and within noise and torches especially to their homes in the night.
5. ALL Members are expected to check their cards AND EA Rod Licences of fellow angler's and to ask anyone NOT in possession of valid permits or Licences to leave the waters. If the individual refuses, the Secretary, Chris Wood - 07792867732) or another Official of the Club is to be contacted immediately to allow further action to be taken which may included calling out the Police.
6. Any Member, finding another Member breaking the Club's rules, must first ask to see his card, when in possession of this, the offending Member is to be asked to leave the water. The card is to be sent to the Secretary (Chris Wood) as soon as possible together with an explanation for disciplinary actions to be considered.
7. Any Member, finding another Member causing vandalism, defacing or removing notices or signs, leaving rubbish, litter, or line, or lighting fires WILL be banned for period of no less than 12 months. (Fully Supervised bonfires may be used by work parties to dispose of grass cuttings, tree trimmings and the like provide they cause no discomfort or nuisance to anyone nearby.)
8. Any Member being violent, aggressive, or using threatening behaviour or language to another angler, Water Keeper or Club Official WILL BE BANNED FOR LIFE.
9. Any Member causing any other disturbance or nuisance to other anglers or water users will be reported to the Committee for disciplinary action.
10. Other than the matches, the use of keep nets is not permitted for anything other than ''silver fish'' i.e - Dace, Roach, Gudgeon etc....
11. Unhooking mats MUST be carried and used for barbel, chub, bream and pike.
12. ALL rigs must be either free running or must be safety rigs. Anyone found to be using 'death' rigs WILL be BANNED FOR LIFE. A "death" rig being a rig with a fixed lead that isn't easily dropped in the event of a fish being lost.
13. Wading is allowed but it is incumbent upon the angler concerned to ensure their own safety at all times and be considerate of other anglers.
14. ALL fish caught MUST be returned safely in the Club waters. The removal of ANY fish without prior permission from the Committee is NOT ALLOWED.
15. Prince Albert Members have the right to fish our bank of the Preston Boats stretch for Salmon only and may request that you remove your lines from the water whilst they make a maximum of three casts.
16. ALL Members are expected to abide by any reasonable request made to them by a Club Water Keeper or other Official.
17. Parking at Preston Boats - Park only on the allowed areas (Not on fields or crops) and be considerable to others in when Parking. Driving down to the water is NOT permitted EXCEPT in the case of a life threatening emergency or emergency services.
PLEASE REMEMBER -
The rules are for the benefit of Members and are not meant to inconvenience them in any way. It will help all concerned if members not only stick to the rules themselves, but see that others do also. The renting of suitable waters is becoming increasingly difficult to obtain each year. It will greatly help your Committee in the search for new waters if the utmost consideration is given to
the landowners and farmers of the waters fished at present. Please at all times, observe the Country Code in respect of gates and crops etc... and of course leave NO LITTER.
The Shrewsbury Angler's Club also has a social media Policy regarding abusive, offensive or racial hatred to towards both Committee Members or Club Members online and other Angling Clubs or Federations especially within the Local Area. Our Online Social Media is monitored daily by SAC Admin, when any such thing above is seen, it will be screen shot as evidence and
removed as soon as possible. Then the correct and professional route of action will be taken, both within the Committee and The Police. Any unfounded or slanderous comments made towards The SAC or Committee Members will be investigated by the Club then forward the evidence provided to the Police and possible Legal Action.
PLEASE REMEMBER YOU MUST HAVE YOUR E.A LICENCE AND CLUB PERMIT ON YOU TO FISH SAC CLUB WATERS AND PRODUCE TO ANY OTHER MEMBER UPON REQUEST AND PRODUCTION OF THEIR PERMITS AND LICENCE.
Our waters as previously stated at the top of the page are within Association and Agreement with
St.Helens Ramblers Association, while Prince Albert Angling Society hold the Salmon rights upon the Preston Boats stretch of water.
All vehicles must carry signage indicating club, visible through the windscreen
No braided hooklinks
Anglers must not be found to be asleep when night fishing with their lines still in the water, if you intend to sleep remove your lines.
SAC officials have full authority over all anglers be they members of SAC or WDAA
SAC Secretary....................................Chris Woods 07792867732
SAC Head water keeper.......................Dave Thorpe 07515365369
SAC Chairman...................................Lee McGowan 07715054748